5 Tools to monitor SEO
Search engine optimization takes A LOT of work. You have to continuously update your site, create new content, develop and monitor backlinks, and even keep up with the Google algorithm updates. Sometimes it seems as though SEO is impossible to monitor. Thankfully, there are a number of SEO tools out there to help you monitor your efforts, find room for improvement and see your site the way search engines do. In this blog article, we’ll review 5 SEO tools to monitor your SEO.
→ Get our free Local SEO and GMB Audit Report
(Note: It is recommended to check out the pricing pages for each of the tools below. Some are free or offer a free version.)
5 Tools to monitor SEO
- HubSpot Website Grader
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Check My Links
1. HubSpot Website Grader
HubSpot has a great tool for Marketers and businesses to grade their sites. The main goal of a website is to generate traffic and qualified leads. That’s why it’s important to know different ways to improve their site’s SEO.
With HubSpot’s Website grader, just enter your site’s URL and they will automatically send a report card with insights about your SEO efforts.
With the HubSpot Website Grader, you can:
- Learn about your website’s performance in just seconds.
- Identify specific performance issues and receive clear, actionable feedback on how you can fix them.
- Receive how-to education and on-demand support on how you can improve your website.
- Gain access to a five-lesson HubSpot Academy course on Website Optimization so you can understand how to improve upon your website’s specific problem areas.
- Discover how to optimize your website for mobile.
- Learn how you can implement website security best practices.
- Personalize your website’s UX to create a delightful experience for users.
2. Google Search Console
Google Search Central has tools that help with your SERP rankings. Google Search Console has valuable tools to monitor, debug, and optimize your site with no coding knowledge. This site is a must-have for all businesses and marketers.
Besides, why wouldn’t go straight to the source of SERPs to audit your page?
Here are some things Google Search Console helps you identify:
- What keywords your site currently ranks for.
- All crawl errors that your site currently has.
- How mobile-friendly your site is.
- The number of pages Google has indexed.
- Your website metrics such as clicks, impressions, clicks, click-through rate, and so much more.
3. Google Analytics
Google Analytics can help you manage your site’s SEO. Pairing Google Search Console and Analytics will allow for all of your website’s SEO data to be centrally located and identified. You will be able to use queries to identify areas for improvement with keywords you want to rank with.
You can also use Google Analytics to understand and improve:
- Remove spam traffic and filter your referral traffic
- See where your traffic is coming from (organic vs non-organic)
- Identify which pages on your site receive the most traffic. This will help you learn what to keep doing!
- Use Site Content Reports to help measure engagement metrics on each of your landing pages and overall site.
- Review the Multi-Channel Report’s Assisted Conversions feature to showcase what part of your sites and pages led to the most sales or conversions.
Ahref is an All-in-one SEO toolset, with free Learning materials and a passionate Community & support.
Some of its main features are:
- Track your Ranking progress
- Analyze your competitors’
- Keywords Explorer- explore what customers are searching for.
- Content Explorer – learn from your industry’s top-performing content
Optimize your website
Ahref has a ton of great tools to help you monitor your own and your competitor’s SEO strategies. This is not just great to help you improve your own weaknesses but help you learn other proven strategies your competitors use.
5. Check My Links
Check My Links is an awesome Google Chrome extension that allows you to check your site and external sites to ensure links are working. For example, if you were to search for a term on SayreMarketingDesign.com, Check My Links would be able to tell how many links SayreMarketingDesign.com has in total and how many are broken or not working.
This is important because it allows you to correct broken links. This tool is ideal for developers, content editors, copywriters, and SEO teams looking to ensure links on their sites work.
It also allows you to check other sites so for broken links so that you can suggest your content to the site. This allows them to fix broken links and helps you get backlinks.
Here is what Check My Links can do for you:
- Check each link on your website to identify broken links.
- Highlights good links in green and broken links in red to easily identify what needs to be fixed.
- Easily copies all broken links so that you can easily paste them into a document to track.
Now that you’ve learned about 5 tools to monitor your SEO, determine which option will help you achieve your goals and get started auditing.
You can take your SEO to the next level today with our FREE SEO and GMB Audit. Ask us about it! Did you know that we are SEO certified?
Note: This post was developed from resources at HubSpot, Google Search Console, Ahrefs.com, and Check My Link.